- How do I tell myself that someone I love is dying?
- How do I open myself up to the sadness locked outside?
- My heart is dry; my thoughts cold, analytical, scientific.
- How do I tell you that someone we love is dying?
How do I listen to you weep, exposing my own grief?
My heart is melting; my thoughts warm, miserable, melancholy.
- The tears finally come, drowning my soul in a stormy darkness.
- My soul aches for the promise of a new morning.
- Until that dawn, I defer to my sorrowful, deathly bedfellow.